2012-07-28

adversity

I was too lazy to update my blog all week so now I think I will compile all the things I was going to post about all in this week's weekly post about my life and stuff.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

american apparel collared sleeveless button-down shirt, community sweater, talula skirt, urban outfitters tights, vintage necklace, vans shoes, thrifted bag

The mirror at Urban Outfitters that I took this picture at was dirty. So like, my tights are just all black. And so are my shoes. Sigh. Well, I wore this on Monday. My friend Kimberly and I went to get tickets to the Odd Future concert at the Vogue Theatre on September 25:


I'm so excited for it! The thing is is that it starts at 9:30 pm and probably won't end until pretty late and I didn't really tell my parents that part about it yet. Plus it's on a school night. Plus I'm pretty sure if they knew what Odd Future is they wouldn't let me go. Haha.

On Monday, I also bought a new belt from American Apparel! I needed a nice plain brown belt that looked vintage-ish. If you get what I mean. Because most belts from like Forever 21 and stuff have belts but their belts just look so cheap and the texture of it looks so new and smooth. Too new and smooth... but anyway, here's what it looks like:


And then a few days ago my sister got me a pair of leggings from TNA that I wanted:


So yay!

Anyway, I have 2 more weeks of summer school left. I can't believe I actually survived the past 4 weeks. I seriously thought I would die. The sad thing is, is that my marks are falling now. Well, kind of. My marks averaged in the mid-90s in terms of percentage and on my most recent test that I got back on balancing chemical equations I got about 82% on it. I feel like I'm just getting lazier and lazier and as this course goes on I just do worse and worse.

But enough about being nerdy and summer school and marks and stuff! Lately I've been listening to O Children by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds:



It's my most played song on my iPod which surprises me considering it is almost 7 minutes long. But it's just so beautiful. I think what contributes a lot to the number of listens is that fact that for 5 nights so far I have fallen asleep listening to this song. When I wake up in the middle of the night and I realize that I have a pair of earphones on, my iPod is usually frozen (it's old) or it had run out of batteries. I really love this song though. And yes, I heard it from Harry Potter.

I added a new poster onto my walls too:


It's the map of Paris. I bought it a long time ago, actually, but I never bothered to put it up and then eventually forgot about it until recently. It's from a really nice paper and stationary shop at Granville Island called Paper-Ya. I put it next to my Andy Warhol poster just because the colours match and everything. Hehe.

1 comment:

  1. lovely belt :-) and I've been meaning to find out what that song was called since I first heard it! x x x

    ReplyDelete