2011-09-07

nothing can save us

unknown, thedarkvictory

I really want that t-shirt. Hmm.

Anyway, today was my first day of classes! My schedule looks like this:

Day 1
Block A- Biology 12
Block B- Foods & Nutrition 11
Block C- Physical Education
Block D- Physics 11

Day 2
Block E- English 11
Block F- Leadership 11
Block G- Pre-Calculus 11
Block H- French 11

To be honest, I don't find my schedule too bad. I mean on my day 1 I have biology and physics (ugh) but it's balanced out with P.E. and foods. Not bad I guess.

Well today was a day 1. It's not like you care, but here's how my classes went.

Block A- Biology
At first I thought I was going to be the only grade 11 student in the class, seeing as this is a grade 12 course. But luckily, there were like seven grade 11 kids I knew! At least I didn't have to sit by myself in the corner with no friends being all quiet and doing work the entire class like I intended to. My teacher is a nice woman. She's the type of teacher who's really chill and lets us listen to music in class. I had her last year for Biology 11. This year she looked very different though. Last year her hair would be cut short with layers with blond highlights in it, but this year, half her head looked shaved-ish and her side swept bangs were dyed purple! It's not everyday you see a teacher like that. She also dresses in this kind of rocker look but at the same time wears those boho style skirts. We started doing work on the first class though. And turns out the first quiz is next tuesday on September 13 - on my birthday. Great.

Block B- Foods
This class was boring. My teacher reminds me of a horse too. Not to be mean. But she does. Okay. Basically she talked about safety and the course outline and all this boring stuff I didn't bother to listen to.

Block C- P.E.
I have the same teacher as last year again. I kind of don't like her. But I guess she's okay. She's a large woman, I must say. This leaves many to think to themselves, why is such a large woman teaching P.E.? But I heard she is actually pretty athletic and can run many laps (I think 8 or 10) nonstop around our 400m track. There are so many people in my class. Or it seems like it. It's just that there are so many girls from so many different "social groups" and I don't know, it's just weird.

Block D- Physics
I hate physics. Officially. I thought it was bad enough during the physics unit in science 10. Well now, instead of one unit, I get to focus on physics for the ENTIRE YEAR! This is just great! Not. The first class we're already learning stuff. We learned about sig figs today which I kind of get but at the same time kind of not. Well, it's kind of like I think I get it but I'm not sure if I actually do. If that makes sense. But my teacher is a pretty funny guy. At least that will make class a little more bearable.

Well. I wonder how tomorrow's day 2 will go. I hope it doesn't suck (but it probably will).

No comments:

Post a Comment