2014-12-29

xmas things

I haven't been doing much lately. I told myself I'd have a super productive winter break where I would relearn derivatives and get a head start on integrals again but so far that hasn't happened. There's only a week until school resumes and although I'm a bit excited, I'm also already stressed just thinking about it :((

Last week on tuesday I hung out with my friend layssa for the first time in a while and it was really nice to catch up with her. She and I always have tons to talk about and I feel like we think in very similar ways and in turn, we share many similar feelings in terms of self perception and awareness. We went to a sushi restaurant on robson I think it was called Momo Sushi or something like that. We got pretty full but after sitting there and talking for so long I guess we got a lil hungry again so we went to Thierry. It was my first time actually going there to eat despite the fact that literally everyone in vancouver has gone there and posts ig pics of their desserts from there. It was such a cute lil place and it was super busy but luckily we snagged a seat in their heated outdoor area. I got the caramel, banana + coffee choux and although I normally don't like banana things besides actual bananas, it tasted so good!!! Honestly it was so sweet that I started to get sick of it, but I finished it and it was so yummy. I'm def gonna go and try more of their desserts in the future :))

On christmas eve it was my mom's side's christmas dinner party!!


This isn't even all of the presents tbh there's still more on the right and left sides of the pic...... I totally should've panorama'd it but I didn't!!! Anyway it was a really nice dinner party since there's tons of people of all ages and we played a bunch of fun games and ate good food. As for the gifts I received, I got a few giftcards for metrotown (which I plan on using towards my macbook so yay!!) and some other small cute things like a scarf, nail polish, etc.

On christmas day it was my dad's side's christmas dinner which also has tons of people but this year there was an unusually large amount of people since all the cousins are older (in the 20s and 30s) and they all brought their gfs and bfs and there were a few new faces at the dinner this year! I remember in the beginning all of us and the cousins were just hanging out in the hallway-ish area between the living room and kitchen and there were just so many of us that the house was just way too warm. The food was also really good (especially the super creamy delicious cheesy potatoes baked in a casserole dish that my uncle always makes....... idek what you call it but I rmb at one point we called it the "famous potatoes" haha).

Then from boxing day (fri) til sunday I worked and stuff. I wanted to go shopping on boxing day but I was working 10:30-2:30 which is such a terrible time!!! I still ended up going to metrotown after work though since it's super close to my workplace. All I got was bath and body works hand soaps because I got 12 for $2.50 each!!! Heck yes. I tried to look around other stores but I didn't see anything I really wanted, plus the mall was so congested and hot.

That's about it. In a few hours I'll be having sushi for dinner with some ppl from my math 12 class which will be fun since we usually do a picnic in the summer and catch up.

P.S. lately ive been picking at my nails really badly and idk why!!!!! I think it may be because I'm bored bc at this point I shouldn't be that stressed but I'm picking them to the point where its making the skin around my nails hurt nooo :(( I think i should paint them or something cause that's the only way I can stop picking at them but my nails r so ugly right now that painting them will probably make them uglier :((((

No comments:

Post a Comment