2014-12-07

s is for studying but also shopping

Yesterday I went to the Central Library downtown to study (I go there often to study b/c there's a lot of food around there and also I like to quickly shop for a couple things before/after). The library was having a huge 50% off sale on used books so I ended up getting a book called 'Archives of the Universe' by Marcia Bartusiak for only $1!!! I'm super happy about that. It's a hardcover but sadly it didn't come with the actual cover (but I really really wish it did because I googled it and the cover looks so pretty!!!) I picked that up as I was leaving. When I first came in though I saw the book sale and I drifted to the science section where I found a book (I forgot what it was called) about stars and constellations and I'm kind of mad that I put it down and didn't buy it because afterwards when I went back for it it was gone :(((


I also went to the Sephora and picked up the Bobbi Brown bronzing powder in the shade Natural and the Nars highlighting blush in Albatross. It's funny though because waaaaay back in high school (yeah high school feels like a very long time ago now..... it's only been 1.5 years since I've graduated though u_u) for prom I got my makeup done and the lady used this bronzer on me to contour and I LOVED the way it looked because it was so matte and nice (it wasn't orangey or anything) but back then I never would have dropped $45 on a bronzer. So I've been using various ones over the years (mainly the Rimmel natural bronzer in 022 sun bronze) but now I contour to the point that it is probably unhealthy so I decided to buy this lovely lil thing!! I've been wanting the Nars Albatross for a long long time as well but I was in a really spend-y mood. Plus I needed VIB for 2015........... but that's not the point lol. Not to mention I've been addicted to watching highlight and contour vids on youtube lately. I mean like I can't believe I used to not highlight on an everyday basis.....???? Crazy. It's because my skin is quite oily and I was afraid of looking like a total oil slick BUT ever since I got the Ben Nye banana powder oiliness has not been too big of an issue!! Honestly, the banana powder saved my life. For years and years I've been trying to figure out a way to prevent my mascara/eyeliner from smudging onto my undereyes (I've literally developed a habit of periodically wiping my undereyes with my fingers which is kinda nasty and so so bad for my undereye concealer!!! But ever since I started putting the banana powder under my eyes and a bit on my t-zone I've noticed that my eye makeup hardly smudges AT ALL anymore onto my undereyes and I stay matte for so much longer!!! Heck yes!!!! I also decided to throw in a couple MAC purchases I got over the past few weeks, which are the lip pencil in Spice and Prep + Prime highlighter in Light Boost. I love the Kim K look that the highlighter pen gives me but I can't be bothered to use it in my everyday makeup routine haha. It is just way too much work!! I've only used it for going out and once for school (mind you it made me late for my 8am class.... but at least I looked cute as hell). The spice liner is a bit too dark for me (I was going for kylie jenner/camilakilla lips) so I'm thinking about trying out something lighter like Subculture or maybe even the Velvet Teddy lipstick. It looked nice in pics when I dabbed on some matte nude lipstick over top of the Spice liner though but in person my lips didn't look so cute.

I'm wondering, should I do swatches for all the products I've mentioned above?? Haha I've never done makeup swatches on this blog before and idk that feels so ~srs~ like I'm just a stressed lil 19 yr old who casually blogs about her lame life and complains and cries and talks about school all the time?? Well you guys can google for swatches I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway (here I am talking about school again..... cause school is literally my life) my last exam is tomorrow!!! I'm so excited to get it over with and enjoy my winter break!!!! I mean I still have my linguistics presentation on friday but idgaf!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow's exam is astronomy and I'm stressing out so much over it because my notes and everything are a mess right now and I literally lost a couple of my lecture notes and I'm literally sitting in a sea of astronomy notes right now while sipping milk tea and trying not to panic. On the plus side my exam is at 7pm so I have plenty of time to study tmr and I can easily leech off my friend's notes for the stuff I lost...... so all is well I guess. My ochem exam last friday went terribly though like ima just tell you I think I failed the course but it was really reassuring the know that a lot of other people have failed the course in the past but like it's still shitty to waste $500. During the exam though there was about a minute left before the exam was over and I was just sitting there done so I was awkwardly looking around at the walls of the lecture hall where I was writing it but then my eyes fell upon the girl's exam who was sitting in front and kind of diagonally from me and I was like omg bc in the written section there are 2 full pages of reactions where you draw the product (no mechanisms) worth almost 30 marks and hers was COMPLETELY BLANK and I'm like gurl what r u doing at least I attempted mine!!!! But yeah

Anyway back to astronomy pce!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment