2014-12-10

my winter break has (kinda) begun!!!!

My winter break has (unofficially) started!!!! I still have my linguistics presentation on friday but there isn't much to do for it. I wrote my astronomy final on monday and it went absolutely HORRIBLY but on the plus side, no more exams!!! The exam itself was so difficult and I studied really hard for about 5 hours up until the exam and I think by then my brain was exhausted and I just couldn't do it. I'm praying that I did decently on it though because I was so discouraged while writing it that I literally began calculating my final mark for the course if I got 50 on the final (which would leave me with about 72% in the course but I'm aiming for an A- here!!!). I believe the minimum I need on the final in order to achieve an A- would be a mark of about 70% on the final which I pray that I got. On a brighter note, prior to the exam, I went to my TA to pick up my last 2 lab reports and I got 96% on each one them which I was pleasantly surprised about considering I had done them so last minute and rushed them and actually skipped some small things that the lab manual specifically said to do such as calculating uncertainties and things like that. Oh well. I think my TA is just a very easy marker, and I'm pretty sure he likes my lab partner and I. Not in that way. Yenno.

Yesterday I went to school to pick up my Creative Writing quiz (that's actually not really a quiz if you think about it since it's worth 30% of my grade) and I got 88 on that so I did quite well! I also finally dealt with my student loans (which I'd been irresponsibly neglecting....) and I'm surprised how quickly the process was!! I honestly should have done it earlier haha. Hopefully I'll get the money in time for second term.

In fact I felt so productive yesterday for dealing with my student loans that I FINALLY got ID today!!! I was planning on just getting a BC ID (since I don't have a driver's license....... fuck that) but I ended up getting a BC Services Card which combines your BC ID with your care card so I guess that's a lot more convenient. I went shopping with my friend Madalene today and I bought a few things today!! I'll take a pic of my purchases another day (since it's like 11:30 at night rn and I wanna take the pics in natural lighting). But I'll post a cute pic of me in the aa change room (I love how minimal the change rooms are like why cant all stores be like this???? like why yall tryna ruin my mirror pics for w yo uglyass changeroom backgrounds.........)


I'm just wearing the AA Le New Big Tee (one of my fave big tees ever!!!), Garage leggings, and my Topshop ankle boots that I wear like all the time.

I was trying on the Easy Jeans because I wasn't sure if I should buy the Groupon where it was $40 off a purchase of $80 since I could totally use it for the jeans but I ended up not really liking them on me (xs fit my legs but it felt a bit tight on my waist and s fit my waist but it was looser on the legs u_u). However I did go to Sephora and I bought the Too Faced Primed & Poreless Pressed Powder because I wanted a pressed powder to carry around for touch ups (loose powder is just way too annoying to bring around) and when I got home I tried it on (as I was a bit shiny) and it worked pretty well! It didn't look that cakey so I was happy. I'll give it a few more tries but I think so far I like it. As for the Bobbi Brown bronzing powder I purchased several days ago, I'm thinking about exchanging it for a darker shade. I used it today and I don't know... it just doesn't seem dark enough to really give a strong contour. I'll probably give it a couple more tries though before I bring it back to the store.

We also went to the pet store at the mall and I know pet stores aren't the best places to get pets but the puppies and kittens there are just so darn cute!!! I mean I love the puppies but they're so boring. THE CAT SECTION'S WHERE IM AT. Look at this adorable persian kitty!!!!!


LOOK AT THIS CUTE LIL FLUFFY PERSIAN PLAY W ME!!!! The pact has been made!!!!!!! Hahaha. But honestly the cats are so much more fun because sometimes when you put your fingers on the glass, they start licking the glass where your fingers are or they touch the glass with their paw and it's like awww ok stand back bbys im gonna smash this glass open and rescue all of u!! (I wish) Anyway this white persian was an odd-eyed kitty with one brownish coloured eye and the other blue. I used to think that persians were ugly as a kid because of their squished faces but lately they've been really growing on me haha!

Also look at this shiba pup!!!


DOGE IS REAL

Okay bye!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment