2015-01-26

school, dineout, stress, sIGH

8am classes = seeing the sun rise!!!

My schedule has been so busy lately it's insane :-( the 3 courses I'm currently taking feel like a lot more work than when I took 4 (and maybe even when I took 5) courses. Since the last time I posted on this blog I feel like so much has happened!!! School-wise that is lol because who even has time for a social life nowadays right??


I love this one area at UBC because it's so pretty. The aesthetic tho!!! Basically this area (the back alley of Ladha, Hebb, and the Chem building) looks like this and idk I just love how the buildings have so much symmetry and minimalism to them. I suck at describing things.



I went on a couple Dineouts this year. On wed I went to the Boulevard Kitchen + Oyster Bar with Kim and it was a bit disappointing honestly. I forgot to take a pic of the appetizer I got but it was the albacore tuna tartare with taro chips which was pretty yummy. For my entree I got a squash risotto which was alright. It wasn't totally amazing but it was decent. The dessert was the tiniest thing ever!!! I got teeny tiny pavlova topped with custard. Honestly after that meal I wasn't full and I could easily eat more. I felt like that was not worth $38 :-(



The next day I went on a lunch dineout with my cousin Christine and uncle. We went to Gyoza Bar and it was actually really good and filling!! The entree was set with 7 pieces of pork teppan gyozas which I couldn't even finish. I got the kaisen tomato-saffron ramen which was filled with seafood (*drools*). I'm normally not that into ramen but this was delicious!! For dessert I got a tiny sorbet (I wish I chose the matcha ice cream tho!!!) But overall it was really good and I thought the interior of the restaurant was really cute because of the brick walls and cute lil (fake???) aloe plants!!



On saturday we had a Madajaskar dineout (sort of) at Coast. We were originally going to order from the dineout dinner menu ($38) but we ended up choosing the happy hour menu which listed a bunch of dishes for half off. We ended up splitting 2 appetizers between the 3 of us (lobster poutine and crispy calamari) and then we each got an entree. I got the grilled salmon. We were too full for dessert and the bill ended up being about $22 per person which saved us a lot. Afterwards we went shopping and we headed to UO and took some pics at their photobooth which may or may not have turned out very well (haha I never have luck w the UO one..... I swear it's the photobooth not me). I also bought this white tee because I need more big tees (I basically wear the same 4 oversized tees all the everyday for school lol) I was debating between black or white but the magic emoji 8-ball at UO told me to get the white one so I did. Here r some pics tho (the white is in size S and the black is XS)


We didn't really do much bc places close so early in Vancouver I swear :-( I wanted to go to La Senza and get some cute sale panties but PC was already closed. Oh wellll I guess that's a sign that I shouldn't buy them.

When I got home I took some selfies bc I was really feelin my brows so here ya go (the lighting was shit so black n white it was)
Right now I should be doing math but I'm proud to say that today has been a super productive day!!! This is gonna be a really busy and stressful week for me but I think I got a lot done today. I had math webwork due today, mastering astronomy due tmr, physics pre-reading quiz due tmr, math problem set to be handed in on wed, math midterm on thursday, mastering physics assignment due friday, and my astronomy lab report due friday. On top of that I got called in today to work on friday!!!! FUCKING GREAT!!!!!!!!!! I'm probably gonna fall asleep at the register because I doubt I'll be getting any sleep thur night from (knowing me) doing my astronomy lab report last minute. On a brighter note, today I finished my webwork, recopied my math notes, did my phys pre-reading quiz, and finished my mastering astronomy. Now I'm sort of doing my problem set but it's so difficult because these are all challenging questions :-( I'm not ready to be challenged I'm not familiar enough w this material yet!!! I'm so nervous for the midterm especially though since I really need to do well this time around. I'm still a bit rusty of derivatives though and although I'm sure they're not going to throw at me some insane function to derive on the midterm I feel like I need to review them a bit more. On top of that I really should get started on my lab report.

Sigh :-(

C u later bbs

No comments:

Post a Comment