2015-01-06

first day of term 2 *sigh*



Yesterday was the first day of school. I had calculus at 8am which sucked (and I'll be having it every mwf til the end of the term u_u) but my prof seems really good and despite the fact that he's a grad student he's really experienced in lecturing (he has taught tons of other calculus courses as well in the past) and he seems super enthusiastic. Sadly we started off the lecture with a practice problem question about maximizing revenue involving derivatives and I swear I cried a lil bit inside because I haven't even touched that stuff for over a year and I couldn't remember a thing!!! I told myself to review derivatives over winter break but of course that didn't happen. On a happier note, we start off the course with multivariable calculus before jumping into integrals so I still have time to refresh my knowledge on derivatives (lmao what knowledge tho). I'm gonna have to make some friends in this course because we'll be having assignments that can be done individually or in groups but yenno I would prefer to do it in a group!!! I'm so bad at making friends though :((

Afterwards I had physics and luckily there were 2 girls I knew named maria and tanya who I met last term and last year respectively so I didn't have to go through the terrifying experience of sitting with randoms (especially since hebb 100 has benches so you're basically forced to sit with 2-3 other ppl!!!). I mean like I always start off the term with this mindset where I'm like hELL yeah I'm gonna walk into that lecture hall and sit next to some cute guys!!!!!!! And in reality I walk in and I'm like oh my fuckign god so many unfamiliar faces oh my god *sits by myself* u_u but ANYWAY I'm kind of excited for this physics course despite the fact that it's on electricity, light and radiation which don't sound very fun but on a happier note this course is literally set up to help you succeed!! What I mean by that is that the midterm is worth very less (5%) and each exam and quiz will have an individual AND group portion (which almost always increases your overall mark). Quizzes are weighted more than the midterm actually which is good! And there's tutorial sessions, labs, and online assignments, so this course is definitely less dependent on your exam marks as other courses!! Plus the lectures seem to be pretty interesting so yay!!! :-)

Lastly I had astronomy which was super boring since all we did was go over the syllabus but since my prof did not want to start teaching on the first class, we got out of class 20 minutes early. There were so many people in the lecture!!! There must have been over twice the number of people who were in 102 than 101 and I was so surprised. But anyway the first month will be dedicated to physics, quantum mechanics, relativity, etc so I'm really excited about that. I'm sure for this course, since it's an introductory course, it won't be TOO math-heavy so I'm a bit relieved about that.

On tuesdays I have a physics lab/tutorial every other week and on thursdays I have an astronomy lab. First week of school has no labs so I only have to go to school for 3 days this week :-) what a sweet way to start off my term

Since I had no school today I was gonna touch on derivatives a bit but I ended up not doing that...... sigh I'm procrastinating so badly already :(( instead I put on makeup and took a bunch of webcam pics (such as the one at the top of this post heh). BUT I will get on it!!! Soon

Welp it's almost 11, I have class at 8am tmr *sigh* so I guess I should go to bed soon!! My sleeping schedule is so fucked up beyond repair. I have to wake up at 5am tmr (I take a long ass time to get ready ok) and that's literally the time I'd been going to bed during the last few days of my winter break. It's so hard for me to fall asleep even at 2am :-(

Bye bbsssss

No comments:

Post a Comment