2015-06-20

garden party, ice cream tacos, grad (not mine), tina's bday :-)

So on may 9 Madalene and I went to this garden party thing on campus!!! Photographer sneaked a pic of us lol


Pre-garden party. I was late..... as usual.... but anyway I think Madz forgave me :-) *halo emoji*


The party itself was meh... kinda lame to be honest lol. I'm not sociable at all and it was pretty awkward and it was like just people sitting around talking to their friends. At least the outdoor space was cute though with fairy lights and balloons and stuff. But yeah. There weren't any highlights or anything interesting that particularly comes to mind.


Check out this pic of Madz and I though hahaha we were on the bus on our way there and we were like omg lets take a pic of us blissfully looking out the window!! Luv it


Then 2 days later, my summer school courses started (it feels weird typing it now because I just had my last lecture yesterday!!! it's a 6 week course which really goes to show how inactive I've been on this blog). It's math 221 which is matrix algebra/linear algebra.

The next day we had a cute lil Madajaskar reunion at Rain or Shine Ice Cream!! It was their Taco Tuesday which is an adorable ice cream taco :-)


The place itself was so cute (look at dat wallpaper and unicorn thing with an ice cream cone as the horn!!!). Fortunately when we got there, there weren't too many people and they had eventually cleared out. We sat there for a while shamelessly taking selfies with the ice cream wallpaper haha but then all of a sudden a bunch of high schoolers started coming in and we realized it was a bit past 3pm aka when kids are off school so we left.

Unfortunately about an hour after eating the ice cream I started feeling really bloated and a bit gassy and ugh :-( I don't even know if I'm lactose intolerant but sometimes dairy products like that make me get super bloated and my stomach feels weird for a day or two which is what happened this time. I'm thinking about trying some Lactaid pills or something haha. I guess the true test will be taking Lactaid pills and going back to Rain or Shine again lol

Afterwards we went to Oakridge Centre because we didn't really know what to do. We ended up going to Oak+Fort and buying matching friendship bracelets!!!


It was so perfect because they had 3 colours and we all wanted different ones! Mine is the gold one, Karman's is silver, and Madalene's is rose gold. The holy trinity!!! Also omg my hand is so dark compared to theirs. It's probably from LA though since I was out in the sun so much with my hands exposed.

Then a couple weeks later it was my sister's grad!!! She graduated from UBC with a BSc in geology.

(unfortunately my bro was busy that day!!)

The ceremony itself wasn't as boring as I thought it would be. This is because people with a major in physics were also in this ceremony and during while presenting the PhDs they would briefly summarize the graduate's research and it was really interesting hearing some of them. I think there was one guy who specialized in relativity or something and he studied space time and how black holes are like a finite tunnel into the next dimension??? That was actually really fascinating

When the saturday came, it was my friend Tina's birthday (well not quite because her actual bday was in the middle of the coming week) so we went to the Pint! I didn't get any pics that night except for selfies on her bed while waiting for her to get ready so here's one for yall :-)



On the monday 2 days later, the new Student Union Building at school opened up (finally..... after delaying its opening for like a millennium). It was actually really cool in there haha take a look

 dat yellow aesthetic staircase *_* this staircase literally went up from the ground floor up to the 4th floor?? 5th?? how many fucking floors are there idek

These pics really don't do this building justice!!! Going up to the very top and looking down was so incredible because you could see pieces of each floor and it was so tall and big and open and I swear if I had accidentally dropped my phone down the middle I probably would've killed someone. But anyway unfortunately like half of it wasn't even finished yet?? Like nothing is open and everything is still taped up and there's like temporary handrails along the stairs. As annoying as that was I can't wait to see the new SUB completely finished and fully furnished!!

That's about it for this post!! I have I think 4 more posts that I have for yall before I'm caught up. Pce :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment